A 2-year-old girl simply identified as Msurshima Iorshie is currently battling for her life at the Benue State University Teaching Hospital, BSUT after some  suspected terrorists    allegedly attacked the community where her family resides and shot her.

The attack which occurred on Monday, April 11, in Tiortyu community in Tarka Local Government Area left 15 persons dead and others gravely injured.


The mother of the victim, Faith Iorshie said that her daughter was with her grandfather when the bandits stormed the community.


She stated that the grandfather who was trying to escape with her daughter was shot dead.

According to her: “l left Msurshima in custody of her grandfather, that is my husband’s father, and went to farm with my husband in a neighbouring community where we spend few days in the farm because we have a small residence in the farm.


“At the farm we were alerted that night that some terrorists were moving towards our community. We ran back only to discover that they had already attacked our village. They were said to be chasing and shooting at anybody they saw.

“My grandfather had made attempt to escape with my daughter and others but he was shot dead. My daughter that he tried to escape with was also shot her on her vagina.


“After the terrorists  retreated, one of my brothers who went in search of our family members saw her where she laid motionless looking as if she was dead but it was discovered that she was still breathing. But at that time our grandfather was already dead.

“We hurriedly carried her to a hospital in Wannune, the Local Government Headquarter for treatment. They revived her and we were immediately referred to the Teaching Hospital on the orders of the state government for better treatment.


“we have never had anything to do with terrorists. They came from Guma area where they have been attacking and killing people. They came shooting our people and chasing us away from our ancestral homes.

“I do not know the sin my innocent daughter committed that they shot her like an animal. We thank God that she is still alive but we do not know what becomes of her given where she was shot. I’m begging people to come and help me because I do not know what to do with her condition.”


Meanwhile, a health personnel in the hospital were the victim was being treated said  that the girl was responding to treatment but would require correctional procedures on her private part.

The source said: “It is a miracle that the little girl is still alive, but we must commend Governor Samuel Ortom for ordering immediate evacuation of all the injured to the BSUTH where they are receiving expert attention which has contributed to the survival of the seriously injured victims.”




Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button